Karyn D. Bullock
Karyn D. Bullock is the Sr. Vice President of Public Relations and Marketing for Choo Smith Enterprise, the umbrella organization for all Choo Smith related businesses and Vice President of Operations for Choo Smith Youth empowerment a 501(c)3 company. She is responsible for public relations, marketing, operations and sponsorships.
Mrs. Bullock has been instrumental in growing Choo Smith Enterprises (CSE). Under her leadership, the brand recognition has increased drastically. Mrs. Bullock has spearheaded the launch of several major initiatives:
- The expansion of the Choo Smith basketball camp to two locations, One in New Town High School (Owings Mills, MD) and the other in the State of the Art facility on the campus of Coppin State University.
- Implemented scholarships for those children that could not afford the camp
- Automated the camp registration process and increased Choo Smith’s initiatives through feature articles in news papers, radio commercials and interviews (Choo was a featured guest on WBAL’s TV Hill)
- Securing a half time performance on the ESPN Rise National High School Invitational tournament (2010, 2011, 2012) and television commercials
- Spearheaded the effort to secure funding from WBAL Kids Campaign, which resulted in the largest donation to Choo Youth Empowerment in 2010.
- Led the efforts to secure funding from other organizations looking to empower youth
- Redesigned the company’s website to a newer more progressive look and feel.
- Instrumental in facilitating Choo Smith’s 10 day trip to Israel with Sportspower International where he was introduced to the President of Israel
- Choo Smith appeared at the Baltimore County Cultural Festival center stage in 2010 and 2011.
- CSYE participated in the Back to School book bag give-a-way and the Coat give-a-way to the homeless in partnership with Diakon/Kathryn’s Kloset
- Responsible for establishing strong partnerships with Macy’s, Pepsi, STV, Winning Step, McDonalds, Windsor Mill Middle School, Pimlico Elementary/Middle, Harlem Park Elementary/Middle, Bay Brook Elementary/Middle schools and Coppin Academy
- Coordinated two Choo Smith Celebrity Golf Tournaments
- Instrumental in Choo performing and playing in the 24th annual Easter Seals Celebrity golf tournament
- Launched the grand opening of new Choo Smith Enterprise Headquarters
- Instrumental in publishing Choo’s first Children’s book “That’s Big, I Want to Have My Own Baseball Field”
- Coordinated the spring basketball camp on Fort Bragg Military Base.
- Increased brand awareness in the last year and a half by approximately 60%
- Responsible for obtaining Choo Smith Youth Empowerment’s United Way of Central Maryland’s Designation number and we are now available to receive donations from the public and private sectors under the United Way campaign.
- Responsible for Choo appearing in an episode of the new ABC TV Reality Show Ball Boys.
- Responsible for Choo being the feature in two health PSA’s “Stay Active/Be Healthy” running on Fox networks nationwide.
- Responsible for Choo Smith and the Choo Smith Brand appearing in front of over 10 million people, through television and personal appearances.
- Instrumental in coordinating the Nike House of Hoops Academy in Montgomery County, MD
- Instrumental in having Choo named as the Celebrity Spokesperson for International Rett Syndrome Foundation to begin in 2013.
- Responsible for transitioning the Choo Smith Summer Basketball camp to be hosted on two college campuses, Coppin State University and Towson University
Prior to joining Choo Smith Enterprise, Karyn founded and served as President of 2 Blue Chip Professionals, a training and consulting company. She was responsible for developing training curriculum, marketing and strategic planning for the organization. In her role as President of 2 Blue Chip Professionals she was instrumental in offering their training and consulting courses nationwide.
Karyn is active in her community. She served on the Board of Directors and was a legislative committee member for the Maryland Association of Mortgage Professionals. Karyn is also very passionate about helping the youth of today reach their full potential. She serves as the Choir Director for the Youth and Young Adult Choir at Clearview Baptist Church.
Karyn is a native of Baltimore and resides in Owings Mills Maryland with her husband of 27 years Tyrone Bullock, Sr. She has one son Tyrone Bullock, Jr, a daughter-in-law Tameka Bullock and two granddaughters Rayne and Jazmine.
She holds a Bachelor’s of Science Degree in Business Management with an emphasis on Public Relations from the University of Phoenix. She is currently pursuing a Master Degree from the University of Phoenix in Business Administration with an emphasis in Marketing.